Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: Too Faced Melted Lipstick & Lip Injection Color Bomb

If you read my previous post about lipsticks, you’ll know that I have always favored the moisture, shine and texture associated with glosses more. That is probably why these two Too Faced products jumped out at me last time I was in Ulta (I am sure you’ve noticed by now that I have a slight problem with Ulta – it’s not my fault they put one right by my house!). They are the Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony and the Lip Injection Color Bomb Moisture Plumping Lip Tint in Coral Pop. Side note: I swear Too Faced has the longest product names ever!



The first of the two to draw my eye was the Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick. You’d have to be living under a rock to have not seen these talked about all over popular beauty blogs and YouTube channels in the past few months. That coupled with the idea of it being a melted lipstick made me reach out and touch faith grab one of the samples. One swipe of it on the back of my hand (well actually, many swipes of all of the colors– it looked as though I murdered Lucky the Leprechaun), and I was sold! The color is SO opaque and so vibrant and the Melted Peony color is gorgeous! You can seriously get great color with just one application and can really intensify your look with two to three.


The spongy applicator is flippin awesome as well! It really applies the product evenly and doesn’t rub off your first coat if you go over it again (like some others do). Its angled tip also allows you to get right up to the edge of your lips without the need to line them first. The color dries fairly matte but it will not come off your lips! Go ahead and try…I dare you. I’ve worn it multiple times (and while eating and drinking) and it stays put for about four hours. I have noticed however, if you add a gloss over it, it will shorten its life span, so considered yourself warned.



The only negative I really found with this product is that the formula is kind of drying, so if you suffer from dry lips already, you will definitely want to apply some balm beforehand and give it a few minutes to soak in before applying the lipstick. Even still, this lippie is one of my faves, I find myself reaching for it multiple times a week! Now with the Fall/Winter season around the corner, I will definitely be purchasing Melted Fig…and maybe some others. Don’t.judge.me. 

The Lip Injection Color Bomb Moisture Plumping Lip Tint is also a home run! This is seriously the best crayon style lip product I have tried (sit down Clinique Chubby Stick. SIT DOWN). It goes on so smooth and the color is not at all patchy with just one application. While the design is nothing new, it is super-duper moisturizing; I can totes-ma-goats go without applying a balm under it without worry.



The Coral Pop color is something new for me. I tend to stick with more pinky tones, but I’m really loving the coral/orangey shade. In fact, I’ve receiving many the compliment on it! The lasting power on this one far surpasses the Melted Lipstick – I was able to wear this sucker for 6+ hours and still had color on my lips. By the end of that time, it does wear down to almost a stain, but it is still very visible and gives your lips that “sucked on a popsicle” look. Speaking of popsicles, the flavor and scent of this tube little of glory is delicious! To me, it smells and tastes exactly like fruit punch. So much so it kinda makes me hungry!


Now, if you read far enough into that long ass name, you saw Too Faced claims that this will plump your lips. I am sad to report that I saw no plump to my pout whatsoever. It is very shiny right after you apply it, so maybe that how they get away with saying it makes your lips appear bigger? Not sure there, but I definitely did not see any plumping action. I still love it though.

In the end, I am very pleased with both of these purchases. As someone who hadn’t tried any of the Too Faced lip products previously, they’ve absolutely impressed me and will probably cause me to spend even more of my paychecks on them in the future! 
Have you tried any new brands or products lately? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to check them out! 
x's,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips