Friday, August 8, 2014

Liebster Award!


Today while on my lunch break at work, I was checking out my blog stats and noticed I had a new comment! As a new blogger, that was exciting enough, but when I saw that the lovely Hannah from The Thing About... had nominated me for a Liebster Award, I was even more thrilled! Thank you Hannah!

For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers with 200 or less followers and "liebster" actually means "favorite" or "beloved" in German. I think this is a great way to welcome new bloggers to the community and is a way to help each other out and spread the word about new blogs.

Now, on to the rules:
-You must answer all questions that are given to you 
-Must link back to the person that nominated you 
-Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers 
-Provide nominees with 11 questions of your choice 
-Cannot nominate the person who nominated you 
-Must inform nominees of your nomination 
-Provide nominees with a link to your post for more info 

Here are my answers to Hannah's questions!
1. Who is your favourite Disney character who is not a ‘main character.’ 
Jeeze starting with the hard hitting questions right off the bat! I would say Sebastian from the Little Mermaid. It was my favorite movie as a kid and I just love this little guy!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I really love Florida (where I was born and raised), but if I had to pick elsewhere I would say Australia! I haven't been as of yet, but it just seems so beautiful! 
3. What is you ‘go to’ fancy dress costume? 
Probably a fitted black dress with a pair of bright colored heels.
4. Name three films which make you cry every time you watch them. 
Well this is an easy one since I'm a cry baby - The Notebook, Titanic, and Steel Magnolias
5. Favourite sandwich filling? 
Tuna fish, all the way! I'm not a big fan of sandwich meats so I always go for Tuna with lettuce, onions and banana peppers!
6. What is your worst habit? 
Ha! This is funny considering question 4 - I cry easily! If I get super stressed, it just happens! It can be very inconvenient in the workplace so it's something I've worked on and have gotten better at preventing! 
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
I don't know if everyone knows what this is but, the restaurant chain Chili's has an appetizer called the Skillet Queso. It's basically vat of melted cheese with meat and spices in it that you dip tortilla chips into. THAT! I can literally eat it as a meal (and I may have...many times). 
8. Who is your style icon? 
I really love Rachel Bilson's style. I don't think I've seen her wear something I wouldn't totally buy! 
9. What is your life’s greatest ambition?
No matter what I do I always give it my all, so as long as I am successful I'll be happy. Ideally though, I'd like to use my degree in English and write more whether it be professionally or on this here blog!
10. Who is your most embarrassing crush? 
Haha! A boy I "dated"when I was I was younger. I'm not going to go into details (you just never know who reads these things), but let's just say my family and friends still make fun of me for it!
11. Who is the most influential person in your life?
I couldn't just name one - but they are all family!

I'd like to nominate the following blogs...drumroll please...
1. BeginNails
2. Curvy Girl Fashion
3. Like, Whatever
4. Materialistic and a Dreamer
5. CC Hearts
6. Stunningly Inept
7. Wanderlust Daydreaming
8. Cultivate Chic
9. Emilade
10. A Little Blog
11. Smidge of Pretty

Now it's your turns ladies; can't wait to read your responses:
1. What is your favorite time of the year and why?
2. What is your most prized possession?
3. Why did you decide to start your blog?
4. Pepsi or Coke?
5. What is your favorite quote?
6. If money was not a factor, what would your dream job be?
7. What is your favorite item in your closet?
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
9. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far?
10. What is your earliest memory?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?


x's,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips