Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Cream Gel Eyeshadows

Between the hours of 6:30 and 8:30 AM, Mondays through Fridays, I am a hobbling zombie. A morning person I am not! Due to this, I very rarely put much effort into my eye makeup for work. Who the hell wants to blend and buff at six in the morning? Going to the office sans eye makeup altogether is also not an option – thank you lovely florescent lighting. Enter the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Leather 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows.

Love the packaging!
If you aren't familiar with these, they are a creamy eyeshadow that are said to go on easily and last 24 hours. The leather version is the matte little sister to the original formula and there is also a metallic option as well. 

Left: Vintage Plum | Right: Deep Forest
My goal here was to be able to dwindle down the application process to – 1. Dip finger in pot, 2. Swipe said finger on lid, 4. Sit and do absolutely nothing until it is time to leave the house. The colors I grabbed were Deep Forest and Vintage Plum – my hopes were that they were muted, but not so much so that you couldn’t tell I had eye makeup on.

Left: Vintage Plum | Right: Deep Forest
I was really happy with the way these worked out. The consistency is super creamy and easily applies to the skin. As with many cream eyeshadows however; you do need to build up coverage in order to avoid the dreaded patch or two. I did find that the Deep Forest color went on smoother than Vintage Plum, so consistency may vary amongst the other shades in the line as well. 

Once applied, blurring out the edges makes for a very soft wash of color that is perfect for day time. I have only worn them alone thus far, but I imagine they would look great with some powder shadow in the crease for added definition, or even as a base under a similar toned shadow to really make the look pop.

You do want to focus on blending these out to your liking fairly quickly. After about a minute or two, they will set and won't budge. Thankfully though, because of this, they will last all day without issue (even on the oiliest of eyelids - trust me, I know!). 

In addition to being the perfect solution for the girl on the go, these little babies would also be great for teens just getting into makeup or those ladies who aren't as skilled with applying shadow the traditional way. Plus they are super budget friendly at around seven bucks a pop! You should definitely check them out!

Have any of you tried these out? What did you think?

x's, 

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try these for while now, they sound amazing! Thanks for sharing. Your blog is cute too! Come visit me as well at http://melissygoose.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty great, very easy to use! Your blog is lovely and your new puppies are too cute! :) Thanks for reading!

      xx, Cassie

      Delete

 
Blogging tips