Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Hair Care Must Have's

I'm just going to put this out there - I was not blessed in the hair department. Nope. Not one good characteristic about it. It's thin and rather lifeless and has a natural wave that is sporadic. You know, the type where it isn't consistently wavy, it just has a random wave here and a random wave there. It basically just makes you look unkempt. This means I have to take a flat iron to it on the reg...thats right daily. Because unlike many of you lucky ladies, I have to wash my hair every.single.day. If not, I'll be able to grease a squeaky door with my head. Yes, I know it's bad for my hair, but whatev's.

Anywho, for the last year or so I've been feeling pretty good about my hair and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the products I've been using. So, without further ado, here are my must have's for hair care!

Shampoo:
Aveda Color Conserve - Seeing as though I was my hair daily and I have it colored red (which is notorious for washing out quickly), I need a shampoo that will keep my color on my head and not going down the drain. This shampoo does the trick! Not only is it gentle on your hair, it also protects it from fading from the sun, water and other environmental stresses. Plus, it leaves my hair super soft and smelling yummy.


L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo - Because I am a bit of a cheapskate, I like to only use the Aveda shampoo every other day (at $21, it is rather pricey); on the off days, I use this one. This stuff really does give my hair extra volume and makes my hair feel super clean. I really love all of the L'Oreal Advanced Haircare shampoos. I hate literally tried them all and they make my hair feel amazing and smell awesome. Plus they are affordable!


Conditioner:
Aveda Madder Root Color Conditioner - If you have red hair, you need this in your life. This conditioner is amazeballs. I like to use this every Sunday and every time I use it, it looks like I just went to the salon! It really adds color and shine back into my hair, plus it is lightweight so it doesn't weigh down my already limp locks. With this conditioner and the Color Conserve shampoo, I am able to go about two months between salon visits without major fadeout. One warning though - this stuff is literally red, so it can stain your hands, shower walls, pretty much anything it touches if you don't rinse it off.

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm - This is a deep conditioner so I only once a week (usually Wednesdays). I'm not sure it does what it claims, which is to repair years of damage in one use, but it does seem to have helped strengthen my hair. It has also made my hair a lot less frizzy and a lot more shiny and smooth.


Heat Protectant:
Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protectant - This is literally the only heat protectant I have been able to use. In the past I had tried so many different brands, but they all weighed down my hair and left it greasy. Since this is a "dry" spray, I can spray it all over without it looking like I applied any product at all. It protects hair from heat up to 450 degrees and I also feel like it add shine and helps tame fly-aways.


Biotin Supplements:
TwinLab Biotin Dots 3000 mg - I've been taking these every morning along with my normal multi for a little over a year now and have really noticed some changes to my hair. It feels thicker and healthier and really helped when I was trying to grow the length out. For more information on how Biotin aides with hair health and growth, you can go here.


Have any questions or suggestions? Leave a comment below!

x's,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips