Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fall Fuego - 2014 Trends

I’ve never been one to live and die by the current seasons fashion trends, but I do always find it interesting to see what designers have deemed the next “in thing.” This upcoming Fall season boasts lots of pastels, velvet, bold prints and a gothic edge. Please for all things holy do not incorporate all of these into one outfit – that would be absolutely horrendous!   
Pastels are no longer reserved for the Spring and Summer months? This is probably one of the most surprising looks of the season for me. I just can’t see how looking like an Easter egg is going to work with the dark cooler months, but if designers like Armani are backing it, I’m willing to give it a go! To help ease me into to this transition, I’ve paired a pastel orange sweater with a navy skirt. At least orange is a fally color and the skirt brings some darkness to the look.
Buy at: H&M

Buy at: Express
I’ve never been a fan of velvet – not since my little sister and I were forced to dress up in matching green velvet dresses for Christmas, when I was a kid. Do you have any idea how uncool this is to a twelve year old? Traumatizing. Since I can’t don a full-on velvet ensemble without a nervous twitch, I’ve decided to go with slight touches of it instead.  This kimono is probably my fave thing on this list; it’s dark, it’s moody and it screams Fall to me. I think I may just have to buy it! Only the floral details are velvet and I think it would look hot with a black tank, some dark wash skinny jeans and a pair of sky-high black velvet booties.
Buy at: Nasty Gal
Bold prints have kind of been in for a while now, so it’s no surprise they are making an appearance in the cooler months. I am obsessed with this little bird dress; it is so fun! It can be dressed up with some black stockings and black heels or dressed down with some dark brown leather slouchy boots. It also ties in another Fall trend that didn’t make my list – animal imagery.
Buy at: CiChic
Last up are pieces with a gothic flair. Leave your white face powder and black lipstick at home ladies, we aren’t quite going that far, but some dark edgy pieces can easily be incorporated into any closet. This sweater mini dress is to die for! The detail at the bottom almost gives it a 1920’s flapper feel, only slightly twisted. I personally love it with the stockings, but you could cut back the goth without them. 
Buy at: Urban Outfitters
Are there any Fall trends you lovely ladies are lusting over? Any you totally refuse to consider? Let me know in the comments below!
x's,

4 comments:

  1. This bird print dress is awesome! I really like it and will include in my Wish List! Thanks for the idea!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird print dress too - very cute xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by Gemma! xx

      Delete

 
Blogging tips